From January 22, the renewed VUB pool will reopen its doors: primarily for schools & clubs and from January 29th also for the general public. And even before opening we already have a first prize: the most sustainable swimming pool in
the region. With spacious changing rooms, two swimming pools, more opening hours, a private swimming school,
the expansion of the offer with various aquafitness activities, … we hope to be able to meet
the needs and wishes of 130,000 visitors a year through a wide range of possibilities, wide opening hours and democratic rates.
The VUB pool will be operational from Monday to Friday from 8 am to 10 pm and on Saturday & Sunday from 9 am to 9 pm.
Public hours (for individual swimmers and families):
Monday to Friday 12 – 14 hours
Monday to Thursday 17 – 21 hours
Saturday & Sunday 10 am – 2 pm
Group hours (for schools and clubs):
Monday to Friday 8 – 12
Monday to Thursday from 2 to 5 pm
Friday 14 – 22 hours
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 10 am & 2 pm – 9 pm
- Swimming school Swimove: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 5 to 7 pm and Saturday from 10 am to 12 noon
- Aquafitness (aquabike, aquajump, aquabox, aqua jogging, …): from Monday to Friday from 7 to 9 pm
- Swimmers can now go to 2 swimming pools: a large bath (25m long at 12m wide, with a depth of 1 to 3m) and a small bath (13m long at 7m wide, with movable bottom of 0 to 2m), so we have a lot of offer more possibilities.
- Swimming aids are provided free of charge to schools and public swimmers.
- Dressing rooms for groups (4 x 30pers), 25 individual cabins and 5 family cabin (also suitable for people with disabilities) are available free of charge.
- Water treatment from now on with salt hydrolysis and UV, which means less chlorine, so good for swimmers with slightly more sensitive eyes and skin.
- Cafeteria ‘t Complex for spectators open from 10 to 22h.
|# sessions||UAB°||PARTNERS*||All others|
|1 session||€ 4,1||€ 4,1||€ 4,1|
|10 sessions||€ 33||€ 35||€ 37|
|20 sessions||€ 62||€ 66||€ 70|
|50 sessions||€ 144||€ 156||€ 168|
° UAB = Students/staff Vrije Universiteit Brussel and Erasmus Hogeschool Brussel
*PARTNERS = VUB Alumni and students ISB.
Groups (schools& clubs):
|Per lane*||€ 13,10||€ 20||€ 26,30|
|Large pool||€ 60||€ 90||€ 115|
|Small pool||€ 40||€ 70||€ 90|
° UAB = VUB services
*PARTNERS = EHB services, VGC services and ISB
An application for renting the small of large pool can be done on the website: http://uabsport.be/infrastructuur/verhuur-reservatie/
For more information you can go to the reception in the entrance hall of the VUB sports complex (building L on the campus of the VUB, accessible via access 8 of the campus on the Triomflaan in Ixelles) from Monday to Sunday between 10 and 21 hours.
We can be reached by telephone on 02 / 629.23.11.